I joke that this picture shows the Molly will choose the right partner because she's already chosen one who can cook! But don't all parents hope that if their children choose a partner that they choose one who will be a much better partner than we are? Someone that they can share a lifetime of happiness with?
I was on the phone with my mom the other day and she asked me about something and I replied that I didn't know because Mike handles that for our family. She reminded me, as she often does during hunting season, how lucky I am. And she's right!
I believe that most people's attributes shine during times of stress, chaos, or tragedy. I wouldn't say my surgery yesterday was tragedy by any means, but I did end up with more holes in my abdomen than I expected! Although it wasn't chaotic like my appendectomy it was stressful for my family whose lives were rearranged to accommodate me.
Mike went with the flow, loaded bags, cars, chargers, and kids. Didn't eat his breakfast in front of me and spoon-fed me ice chips when I stubbornly refused to drink water from my first nurse. He attempted to listen to my garbled drug-induced slurred speech when he gently reminded me I only had 45 minutes left in recovery before they were going to give up and get me a room and I rebutted that I certainly couldn't walk out of the hospital if I couldn't even open my eyes.
I'm so blessed that Mike chose me as his lifelong partner and I hope my children find a partner who is half the one that Mike is. I certainly need to do a better job at showing him how thankful I am to have him in my corner! And no, honey, this post was not medicinally induced - love you.


1 comment:
Yep, I agree...he's awesome!
Post a Comment