Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Sweet 16

I don't remember my 16th birthday but I remember getting my driver's license the morning after getting my wisdom teeth pulled. 

Tomorrow Alec's celebrates his 16th birthday and although its not important that he remembers that he chose chocolate covered strawberries and chocolate covered bananas instead of a cake or that he chose to eat at Waffle House when we offered any restaurant in a 30 mile radius. But I do hope he remembers how much we celebrated him, how much he and his sister laughed tonight while playing who knows what, how much we value him, and how much we love him. 


I hope I remember the other night while practicing night time rain driving that Alec said to me, "We are making memories tonight."


Here's to a birthday full of memories......

1 comment:

Teri said...

Awesome post. I'm glad Alec realizes that memories can be made just driving around. And I certainly remember those chipmunk cheeks in your first driver's license photo!!