Saturday, October 20, 2012

Nature

 does a body (and soul) good.

Most parents understand the need to get away, hide, and sometimes utterly ignore your children when they've called for you for the 10th time in less than 2 minutes. Doesn't mean you don't love them more than anything in the world, it just means your human.

This weekend, with the help of the grandparents, Mike and I were able to steal a few days away from the kids, from the never ending kitchen remodel, from the laundry, and basically from life. Mike has spent most of his time standing in a river catching browns and salmon, while abandoning me at the bed and breakfast with no vehicle. I couldn't ask for any sweeter gesture from my husband. I've been able to walk with no specific destination and with no time schedule to the little canal town about a mile away. I've slept in, taken naps, read, and meandered through the weekend - I can't tell you the last time I meandered. I like meandering and would love to do again sometime SOON.

I'll be ready to pack up tomorrow to retrieve the kids. To hear my name tumble off their lips as they eagerly share their conquests with the grandparents. But not tonight. Tonight I'm looking forward to the third child-free dinner with husband and the long drive back home where I don't have to remind anyone to stay on their side of the backseat!

4 comments:

Beth Ann said...

Okay, I think I need this camera,even if it's overkill : ) Glad you're having a much needed break from reality!

Nick and Erin said...

So happy for you....SO jealous for me. ;-)

Andy and Jenni said...

Sounds like PERFECTION! And the pictures are fantastic!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome photos!! I'm glad you had some much needed time for you...