January 2009
Molly was diagnosed with unilateral conductive hearing loss. In layman's terms: hearing loss in one ear due to a malfunction between the ear canal and the middle ear. In some children this is caused by compacted wax or a foreign object obstructing the canal. We have another assessment in March and depending on how well she fails, we will discuss surgery.
Mike's more positive than me. I find myself wanting to throw a pity party for myself, not really myself, but for my daughter. Wanting to call everyone I know and go over every.single.last detail for them to offer words of encouragement. In truth, everyone else is right; I'm wrong. Of the possible diagnoses, this is the one we prayed for - the fixable one. It could be worse. We've witnessed worse.
I will stop feeling sorry for us. Eventually.


1 comment:
Totally understandable to throw a pity party. Hope your friends, family, and hubby are pulling you out of it. YOur girl is amazingly fantastic and fabulous. Do keep us posted on future assessments and treatment plans. Thinking of you...
Post a Comment