Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Just Like You


Before putting on her jammies, Molly surveyed what I was wearing. She made sure she picked out jammies that had pants, brought down her crocs, and asked for a zip up sweatshirt. She attempted to watch her show with sunglasses on but they didn't last long. When I slipped off one of my crocs while sitting on the couch, hers came off too - when I shifted and sat criss-cross-applesauce, Molly was soon mirroring me.

She was so proud of herself and announced, "Mama I wanna be just like you!"

Oh Molly, honey, I often think I wanna be just like YOU! I want to have the confidence to stand up to peer pressure in every.single.instance. I want to openly admit my fears without worrying about being judged. I want to take my time without a care about a schedule - realizing that being in the moment is much more important than being on time. I want your zest for knowledge!

And in 10 years, when you slam your bedroom door while screaming (or muttering if you know whats good for you) how much you hate me I'm going to march right up to your room and make you read this post.  And I hope that when you're missing your mama you'll come back here and remember how much I adore you!