Thursday, June 16, 2011

Mind vs. Heart

Father's Day seems to be the hardest holiday so far. We aren't trying to juggle both families, emails aren't going back and forth confirming the details of the Stahl's celebration and I'm not struggling to find that perfect gift.

But this Father's Day he's free! Finally. Free from the constant pain, from the gradual decline, and free in heaven!


This struggle between my mind and my heart can attack the simplest task. When shopping for cards this afternoon, I didn't get to pick the mushy from-your-daughter one that Dad would've loved. On this occasion, my heart won but on others my mind is victorious.

Although, I can't give my dad the mushy card or the well thought out gift, I'm still his daughter and he's still my dad. I can still celebrate him. And I can help my kids celebrate their dad - who is quite amazing himself!

1 comment:

Teri said...

One of my favorite pictures of Dad:)