Monday, September 1, 2014

School Has Started

My mom always drew a smiley face on the first day of school on the calendar that hung in our kitchen. And maybe if I had 8 kids I would also be excited for them to head back to school but as an educator their return also means my return and this summer was so awesome I dreaded this day. 


In addition to starting new schools, this year has brought about new experiences for both Alec and Molly. Alec has learned to drive a zero-turn mower, resigned from his first job, and finally found something he liked in the cafeteria! Molly has tumbled out of the bus seat, made lots of new friends, and is slowly adjusting to waking up at 6:30am! 


If the first week of school is any indication of how this year is going to go we are in for lots of smiles and many proud moments.

No comments: