Saturday, July 6, 2013

Guests

We've had unexpected guests, siblings sacked out on couches & Alec's bed, cousins littered across our basement & bedroom floors. Mike and I've always mused what it would be like to live 'back home', how different our house would be if it was often filled with relatives, and if we could actually handle hosting a Stahl holiday.

As much as we wanted these experiences, we did not want the cause. At 2am on June 27, I received that call (once again) that my mom was having a stroke. After some tears, some not so appropriate words, and lots of encouragement from my husband, I headed back home only to turn around an hour later as they prepped Mom to be transferred OSU.


However, Mom's stroke has been much much kinder than Dad's. She's recovering beyond anything we could have hoped for and her spunk is refreshing to all! She did so well at her first week of therapy that she earned a day pass to spend the 4th of July holiday at my house which prompted a classic Stahl cookout! I am so blessed to be a part of such an amazing family even if they do fill every nook and cranny of our home.

1 comment:

Teri said...

Thanks for opening your house to all and spending so much time at the hospital!!