I've been neglectful in my posting but I promise I have a good excuse!
About 2 1/2 years ago I vowed not to write about the emergency appendectomy that couldn't have come at a worse time. So I won't. But I will write about the emergency appendectomy that couldn't have come at a better time.
Last Wednesday, the day before my last day of work until August, I found myself telling Mike that we needed to go to the hospital because I was pretty confident that I was having appendicitis. Lets be honest, I like to be right (don't we all?) but this time, I was praying I was wrong! By 8am Thursday morning I was appendix free and by Saturday morning I was home.
Mostly good came from my emergency surgery; Molly got to spend some quality time with Aunt Teri, Miss Jenni, Aunt Sandy, cousin Leah, and cousin Jessi (all who pitched in to make sure I had enough time to recuperate). Molly got some extra time at our neighbor's who jumped right in when Mike took me to the hospital. We got good food - food that my family normally wouldn't eat but that I love! And the cat scan showed that I've inherited my mother's gallbladder and will need to have another surgery probably before the end of the year. Yes, I realize I listed that under the good column. Its good to know so we can plan this surgery and have help lined up so we don't have to inconvenience so many people on such short notice.
Not to mention the timing couldn't have been better - I didn't have to miss work and I don't feel like I missed out on a lot of my summer.
So even though I may have said some not so pleasant things in the emergency room and I may have even shed some tears over this whole ordeal, it really was a blessing. It could be worse - much worse. We will be able to prevent a future emergency surgery and we were reminded how much we're loved.
Sunday, June 16, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
We LOVED spending time with little Molly! Sorry it took an emergency to make that happen ;)
Post a Comment