Tomorrow we are celebrating Alec's 15th birthday. Its rough being a parent of a teenager. They are moody, messy, grumpy, and mumbling fools but that's only part of the time, the other part you see the adults they are becoming and it was never as apparent as it was the other night.
Mike had bronchitis and pneumonia over Thanksgiving so I needed to get the extra mattress from Alec's room so I could attempt to stay healthy. I texted him to let him know that I was headed up to get it and by the time I got to his door he had the mattress out and carried it to the loft for me. As I was getting my things, he told me to just lay down and he'd get me some blankets and should I need anything through the night to just text him and he'd take care of me. He's going to be an amazing father and awesome husband some day!
Alec - I love you to the moon and back and more than all the stars in the sky. I love how much you love your little sister when most 15 year olds could care less about their siblings. I love your creative nature and am so excited to see where it takes you. I love that you eagerly step up to help when you see someone struggling. I love that you appreciate the little things in life and embrace nature when so many people are too caught up in the digital age. Alec, our family would not be complete without you and I thank God every day that he let me be a part of your life!
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Alec!
That's a neat story... and he's a neat kid. The Betz family could claim him, but I have a feeling the Hesses already have :)
Post a Comment