Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Destined

I remember getting the call on my cell phone while vacationing in North Carolina from the director of human resources offering me an interview - even she said that she normally wouldn't call based on my application but something just told her to.

Destiny.

That was June of 2002.

10 years, 2 buildings & 2 kids later the friends I met at that job are as dear to me as ever. None of us still work in that building, 3 of us have moved, and only 1 still teaches - but none of that matters. We may go weeks and sometimes even months without talking but once we're together its like nothing has changed. The evening is filled with laughter and fun - not only from us but from our kids.

I'm looking forward to the next 10 years with this amazing group!

4 comments:

rht said...

You are such a good friend. Jenni THOROUGHLY enjoyed thrifting with you last weekend!

Love the header picture of your wonderful family.

Jamie said...

Couldn't have said it better myself... dear friend, ex-roomie, shopping buddy, pregnant partner (and I'm sure there are several more titles I could give you.) Funny how things turn out. Love you and your family!

Linda K. said...

One of the blessings I have felt from being at Holt Crossing was bringing you all together to form this lifelong bond you have created. You were all great teachers at HCI and are now great Moms.....and will always be great friends! Love to you all!

Linda

Linda K. said...

Love the picture of the kids and your new header, too.

Linda