
Today was supposed to be my day, my day to
rejuvenate, my day to myself, my day to mosey through without looking at the clock. A hunting day of sorts, as Mike always says he's so refreshed after a day in the woods.

Well, Mother Nature had other plans. She decided that central Ohio needed to be buried in 12+ inches of snow making it impossible for Mike & the kids to head to the grandparents. However, she also decided that the snow needn't come early to allow a day off work, which left me in a
foul mood. So grumpy that Mike, the brave man he is, said I needed an attitude adjustment. I wasn't interested in an attitude adjustment, I wanted
my day.

Then the sun rose on Saturday morning filling our room with the shiny reflection that only comes from snow covered ground and my attitude began adjusting. I did get out to run some errands and to have lunch by myself with a magazine. And when I returned home, it was time for some good 'ol snow fun!

Mission accomplished:
attitude adjusted!
3 comments:
isn't it lovely to have life adjusted for you? and you DO adjust? love that universe thing....
Mary, so glad you got "adjustment". However, don't feel guilty if you are hoping that Mother Nature doesn't wear out her welcome...you DO deserve a "me" day, after all. Make sure you reschedule that "me" day.
P.S. Is that a Honda Odyssey that I spy in the garage? If so, I'm jealous.
Look at those snow bunnies!!! Fun times even if it didn't work out the way you'd planned!
P.S. Tell Erin she's really missing the Odyssey boat here in Central Ohio. What are we at? Four of us and counting???
Post a Comment