I was sad when Molly was born that she didn't have the opportunity to know the jolly old Grandpa Jack who was always willing to break the rules for his grandkids. But last night was different. We were driving home from visiting my brother and Molly was a little fussy, so I started to sing The Animal Fair to her. This is a family favorite that my grandfather sang to my dad and down the generations it was passed. As I was singing, Grandpa Jack joined in and by the time we got home, he was the one singing to Molly. Although she won't remember that night, I will be sure to tell her about how Grandpa Jack sang The Animal Fair to her all the way home from Lima to keep her happy.
Based on these pictures, Molly is just as happy as can be with her Grandpa Jack!

2 comments:
She is making VERY fond memories with him. What a sweet story.
This was the topic of discussion at Grandpa Jack's dinner table tonight:)
Post a Comment