Friday, June 5, 2009

I have a friend...

We've all heard the stories that start with;

I know a friend who knows someone.....
or
I have a friend of a friend.......
or
I know someone who knows someone.....

My story starts with

I have a friend....

Not
I have a friend of a friend
I have a cousin of a friend

But
I have a friend

My friend is my age, married, and former teacher turned stay at home mom. She enjoys reading, blogging, and a glass of wine on her front porch.

My friend (and her family) got some devastating news a couple months ago. Her daughter, Celia (pictured below) was diagnosed with Batten's Disease just a few months shy of her second birthday.

This weekend is Batten's Disease Awareness Days and my friend asked me to participate. So, when you have a moment please check out the links below. Once you've wiped away the tears (oh its a guarantee) say a prayer (or 2 or 3) for Celia and her family. And the next time you're talking with someone, share Celia's story which just might start with I have a friend who has a friend who......


Batten Disease Support and Research

Betz Family Columbus

Care for Celia

Our Angels Gallery

2 comments:

Linda K. said...

What a wonderful tribute to our friend.

Andy and Jenni said...

So glad we're friends...
Thank you for sharing a piece of your corner of the internet with our family, and for helping us raise awareness about the disease.