Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Waiting.....

In April, when we learned that we were expecting we were overjoyed that a little baby was growing inside me. I remember counting the days until I felt that first flutter of life, until the normal clothing no longer fit, until Daddy and big brother could feel the kicks and pokes.

Now, with less than a week to go the awe has floated away only to be replaced with the desire to have feeling back in my hands, to be able to wear my own shoes (not just Mike's slippers), and to hold this, now large, bundle of joy. Not to mention, the need to win the bet between Mike and I pertaining to the gender of Baby Wendel. If I win and Baby Wendel is a boy, our first dinner out will be at Red Lobster but if Mike wins and we have a girl, our first dinner will be at Hoggy's.

Please enjoy the following pictures of my enormity; or as Alec said to one of his friends today; "Have you seen Mary's belly? Its HUGE!" It is important to note that Alec knew I was in the room during this conversation....I think his Dad has some teaching to do before Alec enters the world of girls! We look forward to introducing you to Baby Wendel and will be updating the blog as soon as possible from the hospital.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh Mary!! Your feet, your feet, your feet?!?! That's unbelievable. It's all worth it in the end, I can't wait to meet your little sweetheart!

Andy and Jenni said...

Oh, Mary. I feel your swelling, and share your eagerness to meet the babe, and I empathize whole-heartedly! Hang in there - you have so much to look forward to in 2009!!!